Skip To Main Content

College Planning Timelines and Resources

Information regarding the application for Raritan Valley Community College

The admission application for Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) is available on their website The application is easy, quick and it's FREE.  No recommendation letters or standardized test scores are required. Once you have completed your application, please inform your counselor or Mrs. Reyes so that we can send them your transcript. Below is a video on "How to apply to RVCC" that may answer specific application questions.

How to apply TO RVCC

Authorization to Release Student Records

Frequently Asked Questions

If you are requesting a transcript be sent to a college and/or scholarship organization, your parent/guardian must first sign the Release of Student Records Authorization Form.  North Plainfield School District can not release any of your records (transcript, reports, etc.) without parent/guardian consent.  

Please send the completed/signed form to your school counselor.  You can submit a scanned or photographed copy with your parent/guardian signature. Typed-in signature fonts are not accepted. An actual parent/guardian signature is required.  

If you don't have a printer and need a copy sent to your home, please contact Mrs. Carrano, counseling secretary at or call (908) 769-6000 ext. 3114.

Request for transcripts should be made on Naviance, if you need your Naviance account reset, or have any questions, please contact your counselor or Mrs. Reyes.

We know that planning for college can be an overwhelming experience for students as well as parents.  The links below can assist you and your child in planning for college. The timelines below are used by the counselors to assist students in taking the steps necessary to stay on track with all testing and college admissions deadlines. Please review these timelines with your child and feel free to reach out to your child's school counselor with any questions. 

Click here for FAFSA to find out more information about filing for financial aid.

Click here for "NJ Dreamers" to find out more information on how to apply for state financial aid if you are not a US citizen and meet the following criteria:

  • Attended a New Jersey high school for at least three (3) years 
  • Graduated from a New Jersey high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in New Jersey 
  • Registered for Selective Service (male students only) 
  • Are able to file an affidavit stating that you have filed an application to legalize your immigration status or will file an application as soon you are eligible to do so.

Other Resources: